Reefsleep (Double) from Hamilton Island
- 2 days
- Tour Details
- What to Expect
Reefsleep is a two-day/one-night encounter with the Great Barrier Reef – an intimate, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sleep under the stars. Exclusive Reefworld at Hardy Reef is your destination – a permanently moored pontoon, located 39 nautical miles from shore on the outer Great Barrier Reef. Swim, snorkel, dive and explore this amazing natural ecosystem.
NOTE: Please tour departs from Hamilton Island . Please contact us for departure from Day Dream Island or Airlie Beach
- Scenic return cruise through the Whitsundays to the outer reef
- Snorkelling with all gear provided, including wetsuits and stinger suits
- Access to underwater observatory
- Semi-submarine guided tour
- Two morning and two afternoon teas, two lunches, dinner and breakfast
- All beverages including beer and wine (cocktails and spirits at an additional cost)
- Overnight accommodation in Reefbeds under the stars
- Optional activities (own expense): guided snorkelling safaris and scuba diving
WHAT TO BRING
- Small overnight bag
- Change of clothes
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen
- Light jacket or sweater for cool or windy days
- Cash/credit card for drinks and optional activities (guided snorkelling safari and scuba diving)
What to Expect
What to Expect
Your journey begins with a cruise to the outer reef through the gorgeous Whitsunday Islands – keep an eye out for migrating Humpback Whales between July and September. Out on the reef, go swimming and snorkelling, ride in a semi-submarine and visit the underwater observatory – followed by a generous buffet lunch. Optional upgrades include guided snorkel safaris and scuba-diving.
After the day-trippers head back to shore, the pontoon and the reef are exclusively yours. Enjoy a sunset drink before your evening meal is served on deck, featuring fresh and delicious local produce. Afterwards, head for the pontoon’s top level and slip into your cozy Reefbed– it’s just you, the ocean and a galaxy of stars.
Dawn on the reef is peaceful and unhurried. There’s time for some more snorkelling after breakfast – the reef is all yours to enjoy – or return to the underwater observatory and watch the reef come to life. After lunch, your Cruise Whitsundays vessel returns you to the mainland. Your night on the reef may be over, but your Reefsleep memories will stay with you forever.
Depart Airlie beach 9am
Return Next day 5pm